“Having installed over 400 EV chargers in and around the UK, whilst I was running my own electrical company, I came across several challenges when installing pedestal mounted EV charging points. I was looking for a fast, simple and effective process for installing EV pedestal plinths and so I got to work on designing and manufacturing EV Blocks. I wanted to make something that was easy to install and could be “passive” so that a number of EV Blocks could be installed at the civil engineering stage even if the chargers were not being fitted straight away, future-proofing end users sites and car parks. EV Blocks provides the perfect solution, providing a universal plinth for multiple different manufactures level 2 pedestals.”
Michael Klotthor, PE
Is a professional engineer and the President of Recon – an international precast concrete licensing company based in Minneapolis, MN. After receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Montana State University, Michael worked for several Minnesota based engineering consulting firms prior to joining Recon in 2015 as the Director of Engineering. In 2021, Michael was named the President of Recon and is now responsible for managing operations and developing new solutions for the precast concrete marketplace. In August of 2022, Recon formed a partnership to bring the EV Blocks product to North America and now serves as the Head of Licensing and oversees licensee management for EV Blocks in the North American market.
EV Block System
- EV Blocks is a precast concrete electric vehicle (EV) charging point foundation that features a universal adaptor plate and side openings for conduit installation.
- Our universal adaptor plate allows the below ground infrastructure to be installed before the EV charger has been specified or selected, future proofing your project.
- Since the majority of chargers installed are Level 2, the Standard EV Block is an ideal solution that pairs with nearly all chargers on the market.
- EV Blocks offer a greater convenience than any other product on the market and save contractors and owners time, money, and stress all while meeting the highest quality standards, providing a uniform finish every time.
- The Standard EV Block is 22” x 22” and 24” tall. The size and mass of the Standard EV Block makes it ideal for nearly all Level 2 charger installations.